housing disrepair

How We
Can Help

We understand that living in a property with poor housing conditions can cause you, as a tenant and your household a lot of stress.

If your landlord has not carried out repairs after you have reported issues in the property, please contact us.

housing disrepair

According to the law, landlords must also ensure that their properties are fit for human habitation. This means that landlords must make sure that the properties they want to let are safe and free from things that could cause you or anyone else in the household serious harm. For example, if the house or flat is too cold and you cannot keep it warm enough or it has mold or pests, this can affect your health. If you are a Council or Housing Association tenant or you are renting a property from a private sector and have reported a problem with your property to your landlord however, your landlord has a legal obligation to complete repairs within a reasonable period.

If your landlord is not meeting these standards, we can advise you about court action against your landlord to carry out the repairs and a claim for compensation.

Funding your case

Silverstone Solicitors are housing Legal Aid providers and may be able to advise you under the Legal Aid scheme if you qualify for Legal Aid. If you qualify for Legal Aid you do not have to pay your legal costs and we will claim our legal costs from the Legal Aid Agency

If your case is not under the scope of Legal Aid or you are not eligible for Legal Aid due to your income or your case may not under the scope of Legal Aid eligibility, we may still help you with the following funding options:

  • No Win No Fee (Conditional Fee Agreement)
  • Fixed Fee or hourly rate.

If you need help or have any inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Get a quote: